2018, ix + 116 pages
ISBN 978 92 890 5353 2
This publication is only offered on the web.
With the adoption of the European coverage framework for health and nicely-staying, Health 2020 and of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Improvement, countries have dedicated to enhancing well being and perfectly-currently being for all, minimizing inequalities and improving upon gender equality. Member States in the WHO European Area confirmed their motivation in 2016 with the adoption of the Tactic on Women’s Wellness and Very well-remaining.
To complement and fortify action toward Sustainable Improvement Objectives 3 and 5, the Tactic on the Health and fitness and Well-currently being of Guys was presented at the 68th session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe in September 2018. The WHO/Europe report “The health and properly-currently being of adult men in the WHO European Area: better overall health by a gender approach” gives background to the Strategy.
- offers an epidemiological overview of men’s health in the Location
- examines the intersection among gender, social and financial, cultural, and environmental determinants of men’s wellbeing and nicely-currently being
- enhances understanding of how gender norms and roles, and intersections with other determinants of wellness, affect how well being programs reply to men’s wellness desires
- presents proof of steps required to engage men in acquiring gender equality via readdressing the imbalance of paid and unpaid care, partaking adult males in protecting against
violence against ladies and encouraging shared accountability for reproductive overall health
- identifies governance mechanisms wanted to boost men’s wellbeing and very well-currently being, though contributing to gender equality.